The 2020 registration and MLT Practice Permit renewal season commenced September 15, 2019.
The registration and MLT Practice Permit renewal process is available in your member profile (there will be a “Registration Renewal” button in the left-hand menu options). Please access your profile by logging in to the secure Regulated Member login at the top of this page.
PAY EARLY AND SAVE!
2020 MLT Renewal Dues:
September 15 – November 15, 2019: $450
November 16 – November 30, 2019: $500
December 1 – 31, 2019: $625 (MLT Dues + $125 admin fee)
New Continuing Competence Program (CCP) Format
With the launch of the new software management program, the layout of the CCP has changed significantly. A guide detailing the steps on how to complete your activity log is available on our website under the Continuing Competence Program – CCP Activity Log section.
Prior to renewing, you will be required to complete the following components of your Continuing Competence Program (CCP):
- Learning plan from the current registration year (you must have met/completed at least three of your learning objectives).
- Self-Assessment and Competency Summary for the upcoming registration year.
- Learning Plan for the upcoming registration year (you must complete a learning plan for each of your learning objectives).
We have provided the following instructions to help guide you through completing these requirements on the new system:
- Completing Your Learning Plan from the Current Year
- Completing Your Self-Assessment and Competency Summary for the Upcoming Year
- Creating Your Learning Plan for the Upcoming Year
These guides are also on the website in the continuing competence section at: https://cmlta.org/home/continuing-competence-program/
Legislated Deadline for Registration and MLT Practice Permit Renewal
Individuals working without a 2020 registration and MLT Practice Permit after December 31, 2019 are in contravention of the Health Professions Act (HPA) and shall be subject to sanctions under the HPA. Individuals practicing on or after January 1, 2020, without a 2020 registration and MLT Practice Permit are subject to an additional $500 payment and may also be subject to a complaint of unprofessional conduct, including discipline sanctions. In this circumstance, the CMLTA also sends notification to the employer after January 1, 2020 indicating the individual must cease working as an MLT immediately until they are in possession of a valid registration and MLT Practice Permit and provide evidence of such to their employer.
- Online payment may only be made by VISA or MasterCard. Interac is no longer offered as it is not a secure form of payment.
- After submitting payment, you will NOT receive a confirmation email. The payment screen will indicate if submission was successful or not.
- It may take an additional 4-6 weeks for a renewal to be processed and an MLT Practice Permit and official tax receipt to be issued. Those choosing to renew mid-December, should not expect a 2020 registration and MLT Practice Permit by December 31, 2019.
- Once the CMLTA has reviewed and approved your renewal, you will receive an email notifying you that your MLT Practice Permit and official tax receipt are now available in your online profile.
- To ensure timeliness, fairness, and to meet fiduciary responsibilities, the CMLTA uses electronic means (email) as the primary source for all communication. All Regulated Members are responsible for receiving, reviewing, and where necessary, responding to all communications from the CMLTA.
- The CMLTA does not provide the option to pay CSMLS annual membership fees with the payment of CMLTA registration dues. Regulated Members will need to contact the CSMLS directly for the payment and renewal of CSMLS memberships.
NOTE: The CMLTA office will be closed December 24, 2019 to January 1, 2020.
Recent Graduates with Provisional MLT Practice Permits
Please remember to email, fax, or mail a copy of the CSMLS Statement of Examination Results or CSMLS Certificate and a copy of MLT diploma/degree to the CMLTA to be upgraded to a full-standing Practice Permit. Official sealed transcripts stating MLT diploma/degree awarded sent directly from the educational institution to the CMLTA will be accepted in lieu of diploma/degree.
Retiring/Moving Out of Province/Leave of Absence
MLTs whose employment status has changed and will not be renewing their registration and MLT Practice Permit for 2020, must notify the CMLTA by submitting a Notice of Non-Practice form which is available in your online member profile or by contacting email@example.com.